Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ang Kwento ng Isang Koreano

May nakausap akong matandang koreano kanina. Tinanong niya ako - "What is your nationality?" I answered, "I am a Filipino sir". Oh, ic, sabi ng koreano. You know? He said. Back in our country - South Korea. "Filipinos really works hard. And the one thing in common that I've noticed is that the Filipinos - they don't spend their money that they've earned. They just keep saving and saving it." Sabi ng koreano.

Yeah, that's what people say to the Filipinos abroad, I said. The korean replied, "You know, four years ago, I went to the Philippines for a vacation." Oh really? I replied. "Yes, a lot of Korean people spend their vacation in the Philippines because it's a lot cheaper. Some you know, they sell all their properties in South Korea and start their own business in the Philippines. You could get your own maid or helper that will work for you and you pay them a very small money. "

"You know, I stayed in Makati for a few weeks and it was very unconfortable in that place. You know why? Because there were lots of snacthers, the place was dirty and so on..."

Yeah that is the main problem right now in Manila because it is too crowded, I replied.

"The other thing is that I was taking taxi everyday and there was this taxi driver who's taking me in a different route so that he can charge me more. And I know it because I take taxi everyday. And when I told the taxi driver that he's taking a different route, he was the one who got mad at me instead." - Napailing ang koreano sa akin.

You when you go back in the Philippines, try to go in the provinces like Baguio, Tagaytay or our beautiful beaches instead, like in boracay or subic. He replied, "You an old guy like me just wants to relax in a quiet place." The, you could try to relax in Baguio, the weather is a little bit cold in that place, I replied. "You know what, the next time I will visit in the Philippines, I will go there", he said.

No comments: